Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Speech Session #2
Gianna had another session yesterday and the therapist said she has made quite a bit of progress in the last week. She consistently says "BYE" now and she says "MUK" for milk. Her new words are "HI" and "EAT". After working with her for a couple weeks now, the therapist said it's obvious in certain areas that she has an oral motor delay. She has trouble with some simple words and then has no problems with more difficult ones. But once her mind puts in all together, she'll get it and there won't be any turning back! I was thrilled with the progress she's made. She's really picking up on the cued speech symbols and these are helping her to remember the beginning sounds of words. She comes to me now and tries to say something instead of just pointing. I still don't know what she wants because she usually just says the beginning letter, such as "ttt" or "ppp". But that is all progress! This morning I woke up to hear her saying "Ma Ma". It was music to my ears!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah Gianna! I am so happy for you sweetie!
Post a Comment