Monday, November 24, 2008

Me Rambling

I have to admit, I haven't been a very good mommy lately. And this weekend I found myself especially short with both of them but more so towards Gianna. I can come up with lots of excuses for my actions, mainly lack of sleep, but really there is no excuse. Gianna has decided that she doesn't like going to bed or taking naps. So we are phasing out naptime and putting her to bed earlier. Even if she's exhausted she won't go to sleep. It took her 2 hours to go to sleep last night, we just had to let her cry it out which has never been my strong suit. The longer she cries the more tired I become just listening to her. And Layla, well I thought she'd be sleeping thru the night by now but that hasn't happened. She is still getting up 2 & 3 times some nights. She is very attached to me, much more than Gianna ever was. Sometimes I only get 1 to 1-1/2 hours of sleep at a time. And they are both up by 7 or 7:30am. So my lack of sleep accumulates. Yesterday I wanted to get the house cleaned and ready for Thanksgiving. I'm not a big cleaning person, it's not something I like to do. And bigger house means A LOT more cleaning. I just wanted to get it done and I took everything out on the kids! Bad Mommy! But this morning they both smiled at me so I know it's OK!

No comments: