Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Potty Training Update
So when do you go from 'potty trained' to 'potty learned'? Only now do I know the difference. We have our good days & bad days. I just don't like this potty training business! For the majority of the time, the only way Gianna realizes she has to go potty is to go a little in her panties & then come tell me she has to go. Sometimes it's a little, sometimes it's a lot! Some days I can go thru 10 pairs of panties. Lately, after her 3rd pair of panties for the day, she just goes without. And believe it or not, she does great with no panties. She tells me when she has to go & then goes. David thinks she's being lazy. Sometimes she goes all by herself, she doesn't want help from anyone. Other days she won't go to the bathroom without one of us. And the poopy..... well that's a whole other story. She mostly goes in her panties when she has them on. She has gone all by herself a few times which absolutely shocks us all. So we know she can do it. This week I've started using a timer. I set it every hour & when it goes off, it's potty time!! It is working well for the most part. I've also gone back to the potty sticker chart. Every time she goes pee pee on the potty & NOT in her panties, then she gets a sticker. When the chart is filled, then we all go to CHUCK E. CHEESE! She's been talking about it non-stop this week & hopefully this will help. When does this phase end?????????????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hang in there Ang! Eden did the good days/bad days for a while too! After 3-4 months we were good.
Post a Comment