Monday, December 28, 2009

Our 1st White Christmas

To my Iowa family & friends, I don't need to hear any comments about the snow, I realize you were in a blizzard, I realize you were snowed in & this is nothing compared to what you got & still have. BUT you have to realize, Dallas doesn't get snow and on the rare occassion when it does, it snows very lightly & doesn't stick. I never thought we would ever have a white Christmas in our own home so this was a beautiful sight!


It started snowing around noon on Christmas Eve, at first it was very light. But the winds were blowing & it just kept snowing. It snowed all day. I kept the blinds wide open so I could look out & see all that white just flying around. It was still snowing when we went to bed.

What a joy to see that snow on Christmas morning!
We ended up getting about 3 inches. I guess you always miss what you don't have.

No comments: