Monday, December 21, 2009

UTI

Gianna has been running a fever for a week now. It started last Sunday (12/13) & continued non-stop for 3 days. She stopped being herself, she wasn't eating, she wasn't playing & she was sleeping all the time. When she was awake, she was usually fevering so she was crying & just wanted to be held. But last Wednesday morning when she woke up, the fever had broke. I thought it was just some kind of flu bug. But Wednesday afternoon the fever came back so I called the doctor. We went in on Thursday morning & they checked for strep & flu but it wasn't that. We found out Saturday morning that it is a urinary tract infection. I am picking up antibiotics this morning. The doctor said it will take 3 full days of antibiotics for the fever to go away. So we are praying the she will be better in time to enjoy Christmas. In a couple weeks when she's done with the antibiotics, the doctor has recommended that we do some additional tests to make sure that her kidneys are functioning properly. For right now, I just want my little girl to feel better & enjoy the holidays.

No comments: