Thursday, January 21, 2010

Gianna's Diagnosis

Well our appointment with the pediatric urologist was on Monday. I just didn't post anything because I felt like I didn't have anything new to say about it. I was a little disappointed after our appointment. I'm not sure what I was expecting. I waited for over an hour just to see the doctor for 5 minutes. He did say that their highest concern is the kink on her right side, there is a possibility that she won't outgrow it. And then he proceeded to tell me everything I already knew about reflux. And then told me they want her on antibiotics and we have to go back there every three months. I just feel so torn about the antibiotics so we haven't started them yet. The nurse was helpful in giving me some tips for trying to prevent UTI's. And of course if she gets any kind of fever for half a day I have to take her in. I would like to talk to our pediatrician again either later this week or next week. She is so helpful & I trust her completely.

No comments: