Gianna has a condition called VUR. It is a pediatric condition that allows urine to flow back up the ureters to the kidneys. I've attached another link to explain what it is. The severity is graded on a scale of 1 (best) to 5 (worst). After getting her test results back, she is a grade 3 on her left side and a grade 4 on her right side. Her right side also has a kink in it. I've already spoken to the pediatrician and she has recommended that our next step is to go to a pediatric urologist. One of the treatment options is to put her on a low-dose antibiotic every day for the next 18 months to 2 years. But I really don't want to do that because that presents a whole other set of problems since she will become immune to the antibiotics after such a long period of time. We will see what the specialist says & then meet again with our pediatrician to discuss all of our options. I am making the appointment with the urologist tomorrow so I will let you know when that is.
http://www.vurinfo.com/index.html
1 comment:
My sister said she knows a child with this condition. Praying you get answers soon and that you have some peace too, Mom! Love you guys.
Post a Comment