Sorry for the lack of posting lately but we seem to be busy over here. Mainly Layla is becoming a "big" girl. At the end of January we finally got rid of the pacifier. It just seemed to be a source of fits & I was fed up. So Tinkerbell flew to our house & took her last pacifier while she was sleeping. The best part was that she left a little package for Layla including a pair of Tinkerbell socks & the new Tink movie. She also left a hand written thank you card to Layla which basically said that her pacifier is now with a baby fairy in fairyland & Layla is a BIG girl now. That Tinkerbell is so clever! Worked like a charm, she's never even mentioned the pacifier again except to tell us every once in awhile that Tinkerbell says she is a big girl. Yeah, we all agree!
Then a couple weeks later Layla decides to start fighting me at nap time. There are days she just refuses to go down. I guess this is about the age for her to stop taking them but I am not ready for her to be done. So I stopped calling it nap time & refer to it as "quiet time" now. That helps a little. If she sleeps, great! If not, it's very early to bed. She's just not ready to last thru the evening without a nap. Which is a bummer for Dave because he doesn't get home til 7pm so there have been a few evenings when he doesn't even get to see her. She can be a cranky piece of work when she's tired!
And lastly we started potty training last week on Sunday. I have to admit, I DISLIKE potty training. I enjoy every other aspect of motherhood except THAT. Maybe because I had such a difficult time with Gianna. Although in hindsight she had a good excuse for her problems, at the time it was one of the worst times for me. Potty training takes such a delicate combination of patience & calmness, maybe I just don't trust myself to be that mom! Today is day 10 with Layla's progress & she is doing AMAZING! I never knew potty training could be this simple. She hasn't had any accidents since her 2nd day & she's even gone poopy several times. She wears panties all day & has no problems telling me when she has to go. I am definitely breathing easier these days.
I love this picture of my baby. This was her last night in a diaper.
Gosh, it must be so hard to be 2 going on 3!
2 comments:
It's so fun to have Esias and Layla (and Liv) so close in age because he is going through all this stuff too! We have decided to wait for potty training but the naps are getting messed up...and there are days he doesn't have them and then is a big old grouch! So I get it!
So glad that Layla is an easy potty trainer, just what momma needed!
Wow... what a great idea about Tinker Bell and the pacifier!!! Very cute that G is explaining to her little sis about the bathroom. That might be why it's a little easier too. Layla wants to be like her big sister!
2 BIG GIRLS.. thye are no longer babies. Too adorable. Love you guys :)
Post a Comment