Sunday, April 17, 2011

I've Been Flamingoed!

How would you like to wake up & find this plastered to your front door?

And then notice these crazy little flamingos in your front yard!
Our Relay for Life team captain decided to surprise each of the team members with these eye catching statements. Just a little something to make people look twice. The flamingos have since moved on to another house. And my sign is now hanging in the front room as motivation for me. I am so proud to be involved locally in this year's Relay for Life. The event will be held on May 6-7 from 7pm to 7am. And yes, I am staying & walking for the whole thing! Not only do I walk in memory of Dian but also for one of my dear friend's mother, Patti Runyan, my Aunt Debbie and Dave's Aunt Marie who just passed away this past Thursday after a two year battle with lung cancer. My heart breaks that the list of those lost seems to get longer every year.




American Cancer Society pays for wigs, prostesis, treatments, temporary living for cancer patients battling this disease, and critical research being done to find better treatments and a possible cure for cancer! WE NEED TO FIND A CURE! You can donate as little as $10 and make a HUGE difference. Thanks!

1 comment:

Julie said...

You are so awesome for joining and participating! What a cute idea you team leasder had. This is really cool!