Gianna asked me "What is Easter?". So I thought this was a good time to talk about the resurrection of Christ more in-depth. We have a few kids bibles but the stories are very short & they weren't answering her questions. So I went to the christian book store & bought an age-appropriate bible. The stories are longer but still have simple illustrations. I was putting Layla to bed one night & I came out of her room to find daddy & Gianna reading the bible together. Now if you know Dave, you know he is not a big reader, he has never liked it. And honestly he is not as familiar with a lot of bible stories. I had to take a picture of this because it has never happened before. After I took the picture Dave says: "This is my kinda book, I like it!" If I knew I had to buy a bible for 5 to 8 year olds in order for Dave to read it, I would've done this a long time ago!!Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Reading the Bible
Gianna asked me "What is Easter?". So I thought this was a good time to talk about the resurrection of Christ more in-depth. We have a few kids bibles but the stories are very short & they weren't answering her questions. So I went to the christian book store & bought an age-appropriate bible. The stories are longer but still have simple illustrations. I was putting Layla to bed one night & I came out of her room to find daddy & Gianna reading the bible together. Now if you know Dave, you know he is not a big reader, he has never liked it. And honestly he is not as familiar with a lot of bible stories. I had to take a picture of this because it has never happened before. After I took the picture Dave says: "This is my kinda book, I like it!" If I knew I had to buy a bible for 5 to 8 year olds in order for Dave to read it, I would've done this a long time ago!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Haaa!! LOL good picture :)
Post a Comment