Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Gianna's Progress Report

Gianna is doing amazing in Kindergarten! She continues to surprise me with how quickly she learns. Her report had no "N" (needs improvement) & was mostly full of "D" (Developed). She loves learning to read, she knows over 30 sight words & picks up reading patterns very quickly. But if you ask her if she can read, she'll say no because she can't pick up a book & read the whole thing by herself. We have gotten used to doing homework every week & I think she really enjoys it now. She has a lot of fun with math & science but music is still her favorite. She had some issues with being picked on at school. There are a couple of "not so nice" girls in her class. And Gianna has just never had to deal with this kind of thing before so she doesn't know how to respond. We are doing well now & I'm teaching her how to re-direct her focus. And I had a meeting with her teacher so the teacher is keeping an eye out too. It's a long story! But I feel like we are on a good path right now. She's my sweet & sassy little girl and I wouldn't want her any other way!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Aww... bullies? That sucks. Hope the teacher keeps an eye out for her.