Saturday, November 2, 2013

Adventures in Pumpkin Decorating

 

 The girls & I were short on time this year (as it seems to be every year) so we decided to decorate pumpkins instead of carving.  Both pumpkins we did were really easy.  The first one used old broken crayons.  I hot glued them to the crown of the pumpkin.  Then we turned on the hair dryer & let them melt down the sides of the pumpkin.  It came out very colorful.
 Holy glitter!  What a mess! 
 The second one was also super easy.  We painted the stem, then I took Mod-Podge & coated it around the crown of the pumpkin very thick so that it ran down the sides of the pumpkin.  Next the girls took the glitter & went to town.  They covered up all the glue with glitter & let it dry.  A sparkly creation!
 Our pumpkins are proudly displayed outside our front door 
for all to see.


No comments: