Merry Christmas Family & Friends,
I'm not sure where to start this letter. These days, I have a hard time remembering what happened yesterday let alone over the last year.
Let's start with the youngest, my little Layla Bean. She started Kindergarten this year, as much as I didn't want it to happen, she was ready to go. She's lost 4 teeth already & is working on another one. She absolutely loves school & her teacher. She's starting to read independently & is super excited about that. She's a little rough around the edges, loving & fiercely independent.
Moving on the my oldest, Gianna. She started 2nd grade this year & has the most amazing teacher. She has always loved school but she has a new found curiosity for learning. This wonderful teacher not only challenges her but has created a flexible learning environment for the kids. That just means there is no more sitting at a desk with pencil & paper. She's reading chapter books faster than I can check them out at the library. And her new favorite subject is math. She is full of opinions & super sensitive.
We bought our first house in March. It's directly across the street from our other house. Funny but true! We didn't want to move from this school district so when we saw the For Sale sign across the street, we jumped on it.
We have two new kittens who have become the obsession of two girls living in our house. Figaro & Poppy are brothers who will be one in April. They definitely add more love & laughter to our home.
Dave started a new job in August. He is now working for AGL Constructors on the I35E expansion project. He will oversee all traffic control operations for a 28 mile stretch of highway. I'm a little biased but he is the hardest working man I know. This job still has long hours but it's a little closer to home so there's less travel time.
And as for me, I officially became a preschool teacher this year. I have a class of 2 year olds. To some that might sound a little crazy but to me it sounds rather perfect. I enjoy doing the lesson plans. I'm guaranteed to laugh on the job & no two days are ever the same. I basically get paid (a little) to play with kids.
Now you are all caught up with the Giancola family.
We wish you many blessings during this Christmas season and the coming year.
Love,
Angie, Dave, Gianna & Layla
No comments:
Post a Comment