Thursday, August 25, 2011

School Schedule

We are adjusting well to a new school schedule. I'm so glad that I started waking Gianna up at 630am two weeks ago. We haven't had any problems getting ready & no rushing around. My emotions have been all over the place this week. Crazy! The 1st day, I cried. The 2nd day, I was fine. The 3rd day, I cried. I even drove by the school at recess time to see her but we are in a heat advisory & they didn't go out to play. And today, Gianna turned to me & said "It's ok mom, I don't need you to walk me in, I know what to do." She gave me a kiss & that was it. I held it in until I got to the car & then I cried yet again. She is loving school! And eventually, I'll get used to it too!


Gianna's Schedule



  • 740am - Mrs Bogard picks up the students from the library. All the kindergarteners go to the library to wait for their teachers. The librarian reads books to the kids while they wait.



  • 745 to 800am - Morning duties, announcements & morning work.



  • 800 to 900am - Math



  • 900 to 1000am - Language Arts/Social Studies



  • 1000 to 1030am - Recess



  • 1030 to 1100am - Lunch



  • 1100 to 1140am - Workstations/Guided Reading



  • 1140 to 1225pm - Specials (Art/Music/PE/Library/Art)



  • 1230 to 100pm - Workstations/Quiet Time. I asked Gi what they did during quiet time & she said they put their heads down on their desk & give their brain a rest. :)



  • 100 to 145pm - Science



  • 145 to 200pm - Centers



  • 200 to 210pm - Snack Up/Pack Up



  • 210 to 240pm - PRIDE Time



  • 240pm - Dismissal

1 comment:

Shadley said...

Ang, I totally get it. I cried 4 days and then had some good days- then the kids were sick and i was not sad they got to stay home with me! it is a different thing when you're so used to them being right by your side all day!