I seem to only be posting on my blog in my head lately! I have lots of things to say & pictures to see but somehow they are not getting to the computer. September has just been a month of trying to get used to new schedules. Gianna is adjusting well to Kindergarten. And as of this last week, I am getting better too. There just always seems to be so much happening up at the school and I don't think they do a very good job of explaining everything. So I've had many conversations with PTA members, etc. They seem to take for granted that everyone knows what's going on up at the school. I suggested that maybe they need to clarify & go into further explanation for the kindergarten parents, especially the first-timers! So needless to say everybody knows my name now! I want to be involved at Gianna's school as much as I am able. I volunteer on Thursday to go help during their lunch time. Gianna's face is just beaming when she sees me come in. And I love to be able to see her interacting with her classmates.
As for Layla she is adjusting well too. She still asks me if I will stay with her for a couple minutes at school. She just doesn't like being dropped at the door. So I walk into her room & she shows me where her name tag is & hangs up her bag. She smiles very big when she sees her "L". She seems to play by herself quite a bit but she will play with the other kids if there is something interesting going on. She is extremely quiet at school so I hope she will start to open up slowly. I also happen to be the room mom for her class. So I've been busy gearing up for the Fall Festival silent auction fundraiser at the end of October. I signed Layla up for some classes up at the recreation center on Fridays just to give her something to do. Right now she is taking a sing & dance class but for the next session I am signing her up for a kids krafts & kids cooking classes. All of this interaction will eventually get her to open up. She's my free-spirited, left-handed, out-of-the-box thinker, little girl.
All that being said, where's all my free time?? I've yet to see any of it. But I am SO grateful for hard-working husband who sacrifices so much so that I can stay home with these two beautiful girls. My heart sings with joy when I get to be so involved.
1 comment:
I TOTALLY know what you mean about the school's assuming you know what's going on! Luckily, Elly is #2 but with Eden I was so confused and behind and didn't know what the heck was going on most of the time!
Post a Comment