Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Highlights from IOWA Trip

So before the summer comes to a close & the madness of school begins, here are a few highlights from our trip to Iowa.
 The girls absolutely love their cousins!
 We got to see some fireworks up close & personal. 
And they got way too much candy at a parade.
We spent some time with Grandma Janis.
Played dress up!
Every year we get them in the tub all together.  They barely fit in there now!
 I made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with the girls.

We spent some time with Papa Lee.
Saw a really BIG sunflower up close.

My mom & I threw a baby shower for my sissy.
It was fun to make all the favors & the diaper cake.
She got lots of diapers & wipes for Baby Sam. 
We went to the county fair & they rode the ferris wheel.
Looked at all the animals.
And rode the little train.

There's the cute little pregnant lady. 
Most importantly for me, I got to hang out with my sissy. 

We also went to a Hughes family reunion.  This is my grandma with her 10 children.

 Eating some grub at the reunion. 
 I became a great-aunt.  This is Mr. Remington!  Such a doll!

It was a great summer in Iowa.  Can't wait to do it next year!

No comments: